hive-user mailing list archives

From Huang Meilong <ims...@outlook.com>
Subject 答复: Can I specify database name in hive metastore service?
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 02:48:01 GMT
Look at this local metastore architecture:

[cid:87afe275-ff1d-4dc3-88ed-b2081163c512]

If I set different database name in javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL, say,

"jdbc:mysql://xxxxx/hivemeta_1?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8"
and "jdbc:mysql://xxxxx/hivemeta_2?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8",
will the to metastore services work fine?

In short, I want to use the same RDBMS database for the two hive metastore services, and the
meta data is isolated form each other. How can I achieve that?

________________________________
发件人: Peter Vary <pvary@cloudera.com>
发送时间: 2016年10月26日 0:49
收件人: user@hive.apache.org
主题: Re: Can I specify database name in hive metastore service?

Hi Huang,

Hive metastore is a component of the "Hive database". See: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Design

The metastore uses traditional RDBMS to store "the structure information of the various tables
and partitions in the warehouse". The javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL and the javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName
configuration options are used to access this RDBMS database. The hive.metastore.uris is the
endpoint where the metastore will communicate with the other Hive components, like the HiveServer2.
So you can change the database name in the connectionUrl, which will change only the database
name where the metadata is stored in the relational database and you can not add a database
name to the thrift uri (metastore uri) since HiveServer2 will use the same uri to access metadata
regardless of which Hive database is used by the client.

I hope this helps,
Peter