hive-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject how to connect to kerberosed beeline as myself instead of as 'hive'?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 22:55:30 GMT
I run beeline with connection string as “jdbc:hive2://…; principal=hive/_HOST@REALM.com<mailto:principal=hive/_HOST@REALM.com>”,
meaning that the principle is “hive” instead of myself. I understand that when the actual
job is launched, it finds the real user from Kerberos tickets, which is great.

However, I have some code running as stats.publishers, (set hive.client.stats.publishers=xxx),
and the code was executed as “hive” instead of as myself. And it is not desired.

Anyone knows how to set the connection string so that I can go in as myself, or somehow running
the publisher as myself?

Thx

Access the Q2 2016 Digital Marketing Report for a fresh set of trends and benchmarks in digital
marketing<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-07-26/47gt7c>

Download our latest report titled “The Case for Change: Exploring the Myths of Customer-Centric
Transformation” <http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-08-04/4b9p7c>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.