hive-user mailing list archives

From Vihang Karajgaonkar <vih...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HiveServer2 thrift service thread pool error
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:27:01 GMT
It means that TThreadpoolServer in the HS2 does not have enough worker threads to execute the
client request. I see that pool size = 1 in the error message below. What is the value of
configuration variables hive.server2.thrift.min.worker.threads and hive.server2.thrift.max.worker.threads
in your environment?

Another thing to investigate would be what clients are accessing the system? Is it only from
Beeline/HiveCLI or there are more applications which are connecting to HS2? If yes, how do
you close the sessions when they are done processing?

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 6:46 AM, Andrew Sears <andrew.sears@analyticsdream.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> We have Hive 1.2.1.2.3 Thrift service installed with Atlas Plugin, Ranger Plugin. After
some days, we exhaust the running threads, receive an error such as below in the logs and
the service stops responding, requiring a restart.

> org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED:
Hive Internal Error: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException(Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@1c9f4873
rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@1bacbbcc[Running, pool size = 1, active
threads = 1, queued tasks = 10000, completed tasks = 345])

> Caused by: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@1c9f4873
rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@1bacbbcc[Running, pool size = 1, active
threads = 1, queued tasks = 10000, completed tasks = 345]

> Does anyone have further information on troubleshooting this issue or means to determine
what is exhausting the thread pool?