hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query consuming all resources
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 06:01:33 GMT
You need to configure queues in yarn and use the fairscheduler. From your use case it looks
like you need to also configure pre-emption

> On 28 Sep 2016, at 00:52, Jose Rozanec <jose.rozanec@mercadolibre.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have a Hive cluster. We notice that some queries consume all resources, which is not
desirable to us, since we want to grant some degree of parallelism to incoming ones: any incoming
query should be able to do at least some progress, not just wait the big one finish.