hive-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <>
Subject Re: Working of HiveServer2
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:18:28 GMT

Hive server 2 requests Hive to execute the code and Hive uses whatever
engine set (MR, Spark, etc) in hive-site.xml to execute the code and
returns the result set.

Hive Thrift server running on a given port is the gateway but the work done
is performed by Hive optimizer and Hive execution engine.

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

such loss, damage or destruction.

On 13 September 2016 at 14:49, Srinivasan Hariharan02 <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am I process of analyzing hiveserver2 code to identify how the
> hiveserver 2 executes the query and returns back the result. There are two
> classes nad SQLOperation.Java which has executeStatement,
> executeStatementSync and runQuery respectively. From one of these methods
> hiveserver2 pass the sql statement to get executed on execution engine. Can
> anybody tell me from which method it get passed and executed.  My intention
> was to replicate hiveserver2 to run sql query on some other execution
> engine instead of default hive supported (Tez, spark and MR).
> *Regards,*
> *Srinivasan Hariharan*
> *+91-9940395830 <%2B91-9940395830>*

View raw message