hive-user mailing list archives

From Vihang Karajgaonkar <vih...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: how to dynamically find out hivesever2's host name?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 16:57:56 GMT
One of the changes (HIVE-14063) which I have been working on can potentially solve your problem.
The change essentially detects the hiveserver2 host from the hive-site.xml. The change is
still in review and not yet available but you can do something similar.

> On Sep 28, 2016, at 8:55 AM, Frank Luo <jluo@merkleinc.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to use one set of scripts for different Hadoop clusters in different environments,
for example DEV/QA/PROD environments with corresponding clusters.

> The difficulty I am facing is that the host name of hiveserver2 is a part of the connection
url, which has to vary between environments. So the most straight forward way is to create
one file for each environment, which is not very “smart”.

> So my question is whether possible to dynamically figure out the host name if I am on
one of the machines in a cluster and I have access to all config files. If so, how to do it?

in digital marketing <http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-07-26/47gt7c>
Transformation” <http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-08-04/4b9p7c>
> This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended
recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions
to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own
virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be
confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.