hive-user mailing list archives

From "Haas, Nichole" <Nichole.H...@concur.com>
Subject Re: Extracting data from ELB log date format
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 13:59:34 GMT
in Hive CL:

set today = cast(concat(substr(cast(current_date() as string),1,4),substr(cast(current_date()
as string),6,2),substr(cast(current_date() as string),9,2)) as int)

From: Manish Rangari <linuxtricksfordevops@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 6:23 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Extracting data from ELB log date format

Guys,

I am trying to extract date, time, month, minute etc from below timestamp format but did not
find any function for this. Can anyone help me to extract the details?

2016-09-15T23:45:22.943762Z
2016-09-15T23:45:22.948829Z

--Manish

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please call us
immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not copy,
disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to
ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally
identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.