hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive 2.x usage
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 22:53:01 GMT
If you are using a distribution (which you should if you go to production - Apache releases
should not be used due to the maintainability, complexity and interaction with other components,
such as Hadoop etc) then wait until a distribution with 2.x is out. As far as i am aware there
is currently no such distribution. As far as i know , Hortonworks and probably also Cloudera
test their distributions on large scale real production systems beforehand.

I would not use MR even with 1.x and go for TEZ (except you are using some very specific outdated
functionality). Spark is another option, but i do not see Hive on Spark as stable and less
functionality - this may change in the future.

> On 14 Sep 2016, at 22:36, RD <rdsr.me@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>   We  (at my org) are currently planning our move to Hive-2.x. As part of this I wanted
to get a sense of how stable the Hive-2.x release is.  I thought it would be good to conduct
a brief survey on this. I've added a few questions below. It would really be a ton of help
if folks could provide their feedback