hive-user mailing list archives

From Maria <linanmengxia...@126.com>
Subject Re:CREATE FUNCTION ERROR: does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 12:11:37 GMT

I mean is there any other way to execute these command automatically when starting beeline
or connecting to HS2 from java JDBC API  wiht loading .hiverc file at the same time?

在 2016-09-02 19:56:29,"Maria" <linanmengxiaoai@126.com> 写道:

>Hi,all:
>  I hava set "hive.users.in.admin.role=hive" in hive-site.xml, and I hive some "create
temporary function ..." in .hiverc, when I start beeline, it occured NO PRIVILEGE:

>FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: Principal [name=hive, type=USER]
does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION [[ADMIN PRIVILEGE] on Object
[type=FUNCTION, name=to_timestamp]]

>I know that "A user in the admin role can run commands to create these functions",
>And also I know  login to Beeline as user hive and set "set role admin;" and then execute
these "create temporary function"  commands is one solution,but we have a number of  temporary
functions in .hiverc,