hive-user mailing list archives

From Maria <linanmengxia...@126.com>
Subject CREATE FUNCTION ERROR: does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:56:29 GMT

Hi,all:
  I hava set "hive.users.in.admin.role=hive" in hive-site.xml, and I hive some "create temporary
function ..." in .hiverc, when I start beeline, it occured NO PRIVILEGE:

FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: Principal [name=hive, type=USER] does
not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION [[ADMIN PRIVILEGE] on Object [type=FUNCTION,
name=to_timestamp]]

I know that "A user in the admin role can run commands to create these functions",
And also I know  login to Beeline as user hive and set "set role admin;" and then execute
these "create temporary function"  commands is one solution,but we have a number of  temporary
functions in .hiverc,

so can someone give me a little suggestion?

thanks in advance.

Maria