hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Re:CREATE FUNCTION ERROR: does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 17:13:26 GMT
Can you create the functions as permanent functions once, so you don't have to create temp
functions every time?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-Create/Drop/ReloadFunction?

________________________________
From: Maria <linanmengxiaoai@126.com>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2016 5:11 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re:CREATE FUNCTION ERROR: does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION

I mean is there any other way to execute these command automatically when starting beeline
or connecting to HS2 from java JDBC API  wiht loading .hiverc file at the same time?

? 2016-09-02 19:56:29,"Maria" <linanmengxiaoai@126.com> ??:

>Hi,all:
>  I hava set "hive.users.in.admin.role=hive" in hive-site.xml, and I hive some "create
temporary function ..." in .hiverc, when I start beeline, it occured NO PRIVILEGE:

>FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: Principal [name=hive, type=USER]
does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION [[ADMIN PRIVILEGE] on Object
[type=FUNCTION, name=to_timestamp]]

>I know that "A user in the admin role can run commands to create these functions",
>And also I know  login to Beeline as user hive and set "set role admin;" and then execute
these "create temporary function"  commands is one solution,but we have a number of  temporary
functions in .hiverc,