hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hive concurrency not working
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 05:51:10 GMT
I am pretty sure that they will support it because the Spark option is supported.
Not sure where you get your information from though...

> On 05 Aug 2016, at 11:01, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> great in that case they can try it and I am pretty sure if they are stuck they can come
and ask you for expert advice since Hortonworks do not support Hive on Spark and I know that

> Dr Mich Talebzadeh

> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>
> Disclaimer: Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for any loss, damage
or destruction of data or any other property which may arise from relying on this email's
technical content is explicitly disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary
damages arising from such loss, damage or destruction.

>> On 5 August 2016 at 09:01, Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That is not correct the option is there to install it.
>>
>>> On 05 Aug 2016, at 08:41, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You won't have this problem if you use Spark as the execution engine! This set
up handles concurrency but Hive with Spark is not part of the HW distro.