hive-user mailing list archives

From "Markovitz, Dudu" <dmarkov...@paypal.com>
Subject RE: Crate Non-partitioned table from partitioned table using CREATE TABLE .. LIKE
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 14:04:06 GMT
It was not clear from the original post so I have asked for clarification and the answer was
that the partition columns should be excluded.

Dudu

From: Marcin Tustin [mailto:mtustin@handybook.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 4:40 PM
To: Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>
Cc: user <user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Crate Non-partitioned table from partitioned table using CREATE TABLE .. LIKE

Yes, but a create table unpartitioned as select * from partitioned will create an unpartitioned
table with all the data in partitioned table. It won't lose the partition column, but nowhere
do I see a need for that column to be removed.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com<mailto:mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>>