hive-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Khanna <sumit.kha...@askme.in>
Subject hive session drops tables when restarted
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 11:34:51 GMT
Hello,

I am facing a weird issue with hive. Initially we had hive configured
against the default derby, and hardly select * / raw columns were working
for my parquet tables.

However, having configured it against mysql metastore db now, the all my
queries involving min / max / order by  / where etc which involve a reducer
stage ( parallel/distributed calls to hive db/hdfs) are working too.

However, the problem that still persists here is that when I quit the hive
session, and then restart it, all my tables are gone, as in show tables
yields nothing.

I thence have to manually fire create table and alter table add partition
queries and run the same query thenafter to get the desired results.

Can anyone help ?  the problem faced being that hive drops / loses all the
tables when the session is restarted.

Thanks,
Sumit