hive-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Sprague <sprag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: beeline/hiveserver2 + logging
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 04:31:08 GMT
finishing this thread off... yes, it worked to a degree.

by setting hive.async.log.enabled=false one does get the job_id and the
tracking url returned to the client before the job is launched on the
cluster. So that part is good.  However, one does not get the progress
messages back until the query finishes which somewhat defeats the purpose
of interactive usage.  For batch though not that bad.

as a side note the "operation_logs" directory is updated in real-time - and
deleted - after its copied back to the client.  so if you're hard-up for
that progress as its happening seek out that operation_log dir & associated
file.

Thanks,
Stephen.