hive-user mailing list archives

From mathes waran <matheskris...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Some time realm is required for some users in beeline connection,even its ensured with ldap authentciation.!
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 13:10:03 GMT
Hi,

FYI,

Thanks,
Mathes
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mathes waran <matheskrishna@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: Some time realm is required for some users in beeline
connection,even its ensured with ldap authentciation.!
To: dev@hive.apache.org

Hi ,
While connecting with beeline,with configured ldap authentication some
users connected with without realm and some users connect with realm
authentication.This is because of while creating users in active directory
,display name differ with logon name.
During authentication,it can only validate by logon name only,but some
users validate also by display name.Actually its only validate by on logon
name but here it seems validate by display name.
Please refer the attached images and provide the ideas if you overcome this.

Thanks,
Matheswaran.S