hive-user mailing list archives

From johny casanova <pcgamer2...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: hiver errors
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:46:18 GMT
Helo,

I was able to get in to the hive cli. I get the message "warning hive CLI is deprecated and
migration to beeline is recommended."

CDH 5.7.0 uses hive version 1.1.0-cdh5.7.0

________________________________
From: Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:41 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: hiver errors

which version of hive it it?

can you log in to hive via hive cli

$HIVE_HOME/bin/hive
Logging initialized using configuration in file:/usr/lib/hive/conf/hive-log4j2.properties
hive>

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Disclaimer: Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction
of data or any other property which may arise from relying on this email's technical content
is explicitly disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary damages arising
from such loss, damage or destruction.

On 10 August 2016 at 14:32, johny casanova <pcgamer2426@outlook.com<mailto:pcgamer2426@outlook.com>>