hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mankalale, Bharath" <bmankal...@informatica.com>
Subject Getting column statistics on paritioned Hive tables
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 19:18:14 GMT
Hi,

  I was trying to get column statistics for a partitioned hive table. Generally for a non-partitioned
table I can run
`ANALYZE TABLE TABLENAME COMPUTE STATISTICS FOR COLUMNS`  and I can access the column statistics
by
`DESCRIBE FORMATTED TABLENAME COLUMNNAME` from the hive client. This does not work for partitioned
tables.
I see from the metastore the column statistics are stored in PART_COL_STATS and not in TAB_COL_STATS
for partitioned tables. Is there any way to access the column statistics for the whole table?

I am using Hive 1.1.0

Thanks,
Bharath