hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HIVE on Windows
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 14:20:03 GMT
Only with a Hadoop distribution that supports Windows. Generally I recommend to avoid installing
single pieces of the ecosystem, but use a proper distribution. Their underlying default configuration
is usually better and they usually tested the integration properly.

> On 24 Aug 2016, at 15:23, Ajay Chander <hadoopdev18@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Were you able to get Hive up and running on Windows machine ? I have installed Hadoop
on Windows now I want to install Hive too. I couldn't find binaries to run on Windows machine.
Can anyone tell me is it possible to run Hive on Windows machine ? Thanks

>> On Wednesday, May 18, 2016, Me To <ektapaliwal2690@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks so  much for replying:)
>>
>> so without distribution, I will not able to do that?
>>
>>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Use a distribution, such as Hortonworks

resource out there. I am trying to set up it from one month but unable to accomplish that.
I have successfully set up Hadoop on my windows machine. According to this guide

are those steps documented? Please help me with this problem. I have posted this question
in almost all forums like Stackoverflow but nobody knows the answer.