hive-user mailing list archives

From Maria <linanmengxia...@126.com>
Subject IP address always got "unknown-ip-addr" in hive audit log
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 02:56:01 GMT

Hi, all:
   I want to config audit log for hive 1.2.1.
   I use kerberos for hive authentication, and did not start up the hive metastore service.
   Just under such a background,I opened hive autid-log function. But the log contents like
this:
"HiveMetaStore.java:logAuditEvent(371) - ugi=ocp ip=unknown-ip-addr cmd=get_table : db=default
pat=*"

My $HIVE_HOME is on the same machine with hive metastore(MySQL)。I don't know why the
IP addr is "unknown-ip-addr". I looked into hive source code,and found some useful info:
"
// This will return null if the metastore is not being accessed from a metastore Thrift server,
    // or if the TTransport being used to connect is not an instance of TSocket, or if kereberos
    // is used
    public static String getThreadLocalIpAddress() {
      return threadLocalIpAddress.get();
    }"

Does this means if I used kerberos and didn't startup metastore service by "hive --service
metastore", the ip-addr will always be "unknown-ip-addr"?
and by the way, the cmd is just like this "cmd=get_table:db=default pat=*" or "cmd=get_functions:db=default
pat=*",etc? the audit log cannot record full specific sql?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Maria.