hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Want to be one contributor
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:25:07 GMT
I believe the answer is yes, you need cygwin to develop Hive on Windows.  Many of the Hadoop
family of projects run on Windows natively, but require Cygwin for development.

Alan.

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 18:15, Alpesh Patel <alpeshrpatel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ​I am facing below mentioned issue while running. Do we really need cygwin on windows
development machine if you have windows as dev machine ?

> Kindly advise something on this ?
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (generate-version-annotation)
on project hive-common: An Ant BuildException has occured: Execute failed: java.io.IOException:
Cannot run program "bash" (in directory "F:\workspace\hive\common"): CreateProcess error=2,
The system cannot find the file specified
> [ERROR] around Ant part ...<exec failonerror="true" executable="bash">... @ 4:46
in F:\workspace\hive\common\target\antrun\build-main.xml