hive-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Spark on Hive with Hive also using Spark as its execution engine
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 14:59:34 GMT
Thanks Alan. Point taken.

In mitigation, here are members in Spark forum who have shown (interest) in
using Hive directly and I quote one:

"Did you have any benchmark for using Spark as backend engine for Hive vs
using Spark thrift server (and run spark code for hive queries)? We are
using later but it will be very useful to remove thriftserver, if we can. "

Cheers,

Mich

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com