hive-user mailing list archives

From Igor Kravzov <igork.ine...@gmail.com>
Subject hive.aux.jars.path question
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 21:13:07 GMT
Hi guys,

HDP 2.4.2 distribution

I want to add elasticsearch-hadoop-2.3.2.jar connector to hive path
using hive.aux.jars.path property. Added it to custom hive-site.xml

Copied jar to /user/hive/aux_jars folder in HDFS.  I specified path for the
property as /user/hive/aux_jars/elasticsearch-hadoop-2.3.2.jar

But when I try to create table I get the following error

org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.HiveInvalidQueryException: Error
while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Cannot find class
'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler' [ERROR_STATUS]

What is the right way to specify the pat and where should I place the JAR?

Thanks in advance.