hive-user mailing list archives

From Elliot West <tea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive Metastore on Amazon Aurora
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:45:09 GMT
Hi Mich,

Correct. We have proof of concepts up and running with both MySQL on RDS
and Aurora. We'd be keen to hear of experiences of others with Aurora in a
Hive metastore database role, primarily as a sanity check. In answer to
your specific points:

   1. 30GB
   2. We don't intend to use ACID in this scenario (currently).

For this application we particularly value:

   - Compatibility (with Hive)
   - High availability
   - Scalability
   - Ease of management