hive-user mailing list archives

From "Lavelle, Shawn" <Shawn.Lave...@osii.com>
Subject Hive External Storage Handlers
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:38:39 GMT
Hello,

    I am working with an external storage handler written for Hive 0.11 and run on a Shark
execution engine.  I’d like to move forward and upgrade to hive 1.2.1 on spark 1.6 or even
2.0.

   This storage has a need to run queries across tables existing in different databases in
the external data store, so existing drivers that map hive to external storage in 1 to 1 mappings
are insufficient. I have attempted this upgrade already, but found out that predicate pushdown
was not occurring.  Was this changed in 1.2?

   Can I update and use the same storage handler in Hive or has this concept been replaced
by the RDDs and DataFrame API?

   Are these questions better for the Spark list?

   Thank you,

~ Shawn M Lavelle

[cid:image2a7f96.GIF@6678ebd7.468dcc41]

Shawn Lavelle