hive-user mailing list archives

From Mahender Sarangam <Mahender.BigD...@outlook.com>
Subject ORC does not support type conversion from INT to STRING.
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:18:15 GMT
Hi,

We are facing issue while reading data from ORC table. We have created ORC table and dumped
data into it. We have deleted cluster due to some reason. When we recreated cluster (using
Metastore) and table pointing to same location. When we perform reading from ORC table. We
see below error.

SELECT col2, Col1,
  reflect("java.util.UUID", "randomUUID") AS ID,
  Source,
 1     ,
SDate,
EDate
FROM Table ORC  JOIN Table2 _surr;

ERROR : Vertex failed, vertexName=Map 1, vertexId=vertex_1465411930667_0212_1_01, diagnostics=[Task
failed, taskId=task_1465411930667_0212_1_01_000000, diagnostics=[TaskAttempt 0 failed, info=[Error:
Failure while running task:java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
java.io.IOException: ORC does not support type conversion from INT to STRING.

I know there is Bug raised while reading data from ORC table. Is there any workaround apart
from reloading data.

-MS