hive-user mailing list archives

From Amrit Jangid <amrit.jan...@goibibo.com>
Subject Hive table show less records than hbase
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 16:18:42 GMT
Hi All,

*Using HBase0.98.6, CDH5.3.5 and Hive-0.13.1*

I am accessing a hbase table from Hive, all column are mapped as string
type.

if i do coun(*) from hive on table, i get less record than total records in
hbase table.

Also  found this case - i have a coulmn -email type of string.

hive> *select email from table where email like="a%"*
Than i took a email which was not fetched by this email suppose =
"abc".than i ran this query:

hive> *select email from table where email like="a%" and email='"abc"*
Than i'm able to etch the record.

Let me know what i'm missing. do i need to take care to columns data type
carefully?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Amrit