hive-user mailing list archives

From Jose Rozanec <jose.roza...@mercadolibre.com>
Subject LDAPS (Secure LDAP) Hive configuration
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 19:41:59 GMT
Hello,

We are working on a Hive 2.0.0 cluster, to configure LDAPS authentication,
but I get some errors preventing a successful authentication.
Does anyone have some insight on how to solve this?

*The problem*
The errors we get are (first is most frequent):
- sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
- javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]

*Our config*
We configure the certificate obtaining a jssecacerts file and overriding
Java's default at master, as specified in this post
<http://nodsw.com/blog/leeland/2006/12/06-no-more-unable-find-valid-certification-path-requested-target>
.

*hive-site.xml* has the following properties:
  <property>
     <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>
     <value>LDAP</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hive.server2.authentication.ldap.url</name>
    <value>ldaps://ip:port</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hive.server2.authentication.ldap.baseDN</name>
    <value>dc=net,dc=com</value>
  </property>

Thanks!

Joze.