hive-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: NPE while querying timestamp data type in ORC tables
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:35:39 GMT
Hi Sharath

Glad that it worked. From HIVE-10592 you just need the changes from ColumnStatisticsImpl.java,
rest of the patch is irrelevant for this issue.

Thanks
Prasanth

_____________________________
From: Sharath Babu Basavaraja <sharathfeb12@gmail.com<mailto:sharathfeb12@gmail.com>>
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: NPE while querying timestamp data type in ORC tables
To: <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Cc: Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachandran@hortonworks.com<mailto:pjayachandran@hortonworks.com>>

Thanks Prasanth.

The work-around which you suggested worked for me. But since the table is pretty huge, this
seems to have a performance issues on the query time. Can I try applying this patch to fix
this issue as provided in JIRA-10592.

Regards,
Sharath

On 8 June 2016 at 16:18, Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachandran@hortonworks.com<mailto:pjayachandran@hortonworks.com>>