hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internode Encryption with HiveServer2
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 09:01:44 GMT
This can be configured on the Hadoop level.

> On 03 Jun 2016, at 10:59, Nick Corbett <Nick.Corbett@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> I am deploying Hive in a regulated environment - all data needs to be encrypted when
transferred and at rest.

> If I run a 'select' statement, using HiveServer2, then a map reduce job(s) get started
and results files are generated on nodes of my cluster.  The final stage of the process must
be to transfer all these results files back to HiveServer2 before they are sent to the client.

> Does anyone know how to encrypt this stage (ie results sent from cluster nodes to HiveServer2)?
 If I run tcpdump on my cluster I can see that this traffic is not encrypted.