hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Where are jars stored for permanent functions
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 20:50:36 GMT
Hive doesn't currently handle storing of the JARs. Doing ADD JAR only adds the jars to the
current session, but won't help for other sessions.

The permanent functions syntax allows you to specify JAR paths when you create the function.
These should be on HDFS or other non-local path.

create function ST_GeomFromWKT as 'com.esri.hadoop.hive.ST_GeomFromWKT' using jar 'hdfs:/path/to/spatial-sdk-hive-1.1.jar',
jar 'hdfs:/path/to/esri-geometry-api-1.2.1.jar';

________________________________
From: Marcin Tustin <mtustin@handybook.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 1:10 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Where are jars stored for permanent functions

Hi All,

I just added local jars to my hive session, created permanent functions, and find that they
are available across sessions and machines. This is of course excellent, but I'm wondering
where those jars are being stored? What setting or what default directory would I find them
in.

My session was:

add jars /mnt/storage/spatial-sdk-hive-1.1.jar /mnt/storage/esri-geometry-api-1.2.1.jar;

create function ST_GeomFromWKT as 'com.esri.hadoop.hive.ST_GeomFromWKT';

Then that function was available via the thriftserver.

Thanks,

Marcin

Want to work at Handy? Check out our culture deck and open roles<http://www.handy.com/careers>
Latest news<http://www.handy.com/press> at Handy