hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive and using Pooled Connections
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 23:05:15 GMT
It’s depends on how it’s configured.  In $HIVE_HOME/conf/hive-site.xml you can set the
datanucleus.connectionPoolingType variable to BONECP or DBCP.  By default it should be using
BONECP I believe.  (I think NONE is also a valid value, but that doesn’t yet work with ACID
turned on.)

Alan.

> On May 25, 2016, at 13:03, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> I am sure someone knows the answer to this question.
>
> Does Hive 2.0 use connection pool to connect to its metastore? I see a lot of open and
closed connections to the metastore that may not be necessary.

> A connection pool is a cache of database connection objects. Connection pools promote
the reuse of connection objects and reduce the number of times that connection objects are
created. Connection pools significantly improve performance for database-intensive applications
because creating connection objects is costly both in terms of time and resources.