hive-user mailing list archives

From Me To <ektapaliwal2...@gmail.com>
Subject HIVE on Windows
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 17:09:02 GMT
Hello,

I want to install hive on my windows machine but I am unable to find any
resource out there. I am trying to set up it from one month but unable to
accomplish that. I have successfully set up Hadoop on my windows machine.
According to this guide

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AdminManual+Installation

There are different steps involved to install and run it on Windows but
where are those steps documented? Please help me with this problem. I have
posted this question in almost all forums like Stackoverflow but nobody
knows the answer.

I am using Windows 8 and Hadoop2.7 running on my desktop. I want to run
hive and beeline. Please help me.

Looking forward for response.

Thank you.
Ekta Paliwal