hive-user mailing list archives

From "Markovitz, Dudu" <dmarkov...@paypal.com>
Subject RE: Hive 2 database Entity-Relationship Diagram
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 17:44:37 GMT
Thanks Mich

I’m afraid the current format is not completely user friendly.
I would suggest to divide the tables to multiple sets by subjects / graph connectivity (BTW,
it seems odd that most of the tables are disconnected)

Also –

·         HIVEUSER.PARTITION_KEY_VALS is partially covering another table

·         The PDF is upside-down

Dudu

From: Mich Talebzadeh [mailto:mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:04 PM
To: user <user@hive.apache.org>; user @spark <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hive 2 database Entity-Relationship Diagram

Attachement

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com<http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>

On 19 May 2016 at 18:02, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com<mailto:mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi All,

I use Hive 2 with metastore created for Oracle Database with hive-txn-schema-2.0.0.oracle.sql.

It already includes concurrency stuff added into metastore

The RDBMS is Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0.

 I created an Entity-Relationship (ER) diagram from the physical model. There are 194 tables,
127 views and 38 relationships. The relationship notation is Bachman<https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bachman+notation&biw=1920&bih=883&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjUx4e2zebMAhVMBsAKHTvOAcwQsAQILQ&dpr=1>

Fairly big diagram in PDF format. However, you can zoom into it.

Please have a kook and appreciate comments to me and if it is useful we can load it into wiki.

HTH