hive-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Dubey <Abhishek.Du...@Xoriant.Com>
Subject Unable to pick data from subdirectories into hive table in CDH 5.3.3
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 09:50:52 GMT
Hi,

In hdfs I have a directory structure like this.
/user/hdfs/Data/Data1/File1
/user/hdfs/Data/Data2/File2

And I am creating an external table like:
CREATE external TABLE db.tablename
(
amt1 STRING,
amt2 STRING,
amt3 STRING
)
row format delimited
fields terminated by ','
location '/user/hdfs/Data/';

Also, I have set two properties:
set mapred.input.dir.recursive=true;
set hive.mapred.supports.subdirectories=true;

This setup is working perfectly fine on my local single node vm, Having all vanilla apache
installations and setup,

But. on cloudera 5.3.3 cluster of 4 nodes, above mentioned properties for recursive lookup
of sub directories for an external hive table is not working.
In the Cloudera manager i have added the properties in Hive-Site.xml, deployed configuration
and restarted Hive service but still not working.
<property>
  <name> mapred.input.dir.recursive</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hive.mapred.supports.subdirectories</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>

When querying select *  on CDH What i get is this, Zero rows.
hive> select * from tablename;
OK
Time taken: 0.322 seconds
hive>

Whereas on local vm it is giving desired output.

Is there anything else on CDH that we need to take care to pick data from subdirectories into
hive table?

Thanks in advance.
Abhishek Dubey