hive-user mailing list archives

From Matthew McCline <mmccl...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Query Failing while querying on ORC Format
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 19:02:42 GMT
?

What version of Hive are you on?

________________________________
From: Mahender Sarangam <mahender.bigdata@outlook.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:29 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Query Failing while querying on ORC Format

Hi,
We are dumping our data into ORC Partition Bucketed table. We have loaded almost 6 months
data and here month is Partition by column. Now we have modified ORC partition bucketed table
schema. We have added 2 more columns to the ORC table. Now whenever we are running select
statement for older month which has no columns( even though these columns are not part in
select clause, (projection column) ), it is throwing exception.

There is JIRA bug for this kind of requirement has already been raised.

Can any one please tell me know alternative workaround for reading old previous columns of
ORC partition table.

Thanks