hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HIVE on Windows
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 17:27:46 GMT
Use a distribution, such as Hortonworks

> On 18 May 2016, at 19:09, Me To <ektapaliwal2690@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to install hive on my windows machine but I am unable to find any resource out
there. I am trying to set up it from one month but unable to accomplish that. I have successfully
set up Hadoop on my windows machine. According to this guide

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AdminManual+Installation
>
> There are different steps involved to install and run it on Windows but where are those
steps documented? Please help me with this problem. I have posted this question in almost
all forums like Stackoverflow but nobody knows the answer.

> I am using Windows 8 and Hadoop2.7 running on my desktop. I want to run hive and beeline.
Please help me.