hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive SQL based authorization don't have support for group
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 17:09:43 GMT
By group here I assume you mean posix style file group (from HDFS)?  No, there isn’t any
connection right now.  We’d like to be able to pick up groups from HDFS and define those
as roles in Hive, but we haven’t added that feature.

You’ll need to define a role that includes the members of that group.

Alan.