hive-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop_Sql_blob_types
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:33:20 GMT
You could try as binary. Is it just for storing the blobs or for doing analyzes on them? In
the first case you may think about storing them as files in HDFS and including in hive just
a string containing the file name (to make analysis on the other data faster). In the later
case you should think about an optimal analysis format in Hive.

> On 27 Apr 2016, at 22:13, Ajay Chander <hadoopdev18@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a table which has few columns as blob types with huge data. Is there any best
way to 'sqoop import' it to hive tables with out losing any data ? Any help is highly appreciated.