hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bylaws change to allow some commits without review
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:24:22 GMT
+1.

Alan.

> On Apr 18, 2016, at 06:53, Lars Francke <lars.francke@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the votes so far. Can I get some more people interested please?
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Jason Dere <jdere@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> ​+1

any form to the project for over six months.

> Actually your old patch for HIVE-9499 was committed in March and you added a comment
to HIVE-11752 in February, so you have been active recently.  And now you can let it slide
until October....

> -- Lefty
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Sushanth Sowmyan <khorgath@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On Apr 13, 2016 17:20, "Prasanth Jayachandran" <pjayachandran@hortonworks.com>
wrote:
> +1
>
> Thanks
> Prasanth
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM -0700, "Navis Ryu" <navis94@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> not sure I'm active PMC member but +1, anyway.
>
> 2016년 4월 14일 목요일, Lars Francke<lars.francke@gmail.com>님이 작성한
메시지:
> Hi everyone,
>
> we had a discussion on the dev@ list about allowing some forms of contributions to be
committed without a review.

> The exact sentence I propose to add is: "Minor issues (e.g. typos, code style issues,
JavaDoc changes. At committer's discretion) can be committed after soliciting feedback/review
on the mailing list and not receiving feedback within 2 days."

> The proposed bylaws can also be seen here <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Project+Bylaws+-+April+2016>
>
> This vote requires a 2/3 majority of all Active PMC members so I'd love to get as many
votes as possible. The vote will run for at least six days.