hive-user mailing list archives

From Yaduveer Singh <h2014...@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>
Subject Query regarding Hive-Testbench TPC-H
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 05:59:24 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use TPC-H hive-testbench as part of my study project. I am
following the steps as suggested at
*https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench
<https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench>*

While I am trying to build using following command:
./tpch-build.sh

I am getting the following error==>

hduser@administrator-OptiPlex-3020:/usr/local/hive-testbench$
./tpch-build.sh
Building TPC-H Data Generator
test -d target/tools/ || (cd target; unzip tpch_kit.zip -x __MACOSX/; ln
-sf $PWD/*/dbgen/ tools)
Archive:  tpch_kit.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of tpch_kit.zip or
        tpch_kit.zip.zip, and cannot find tpch_kit.zip.ZIP, period.
cd target/tools; cat ../../../patches/Linux/*.patch | patch -p0
/bin/sh: 1: cd: can't cd to target/tools
cat: ../../../patches/Linux/*.patch: No such file or directory
cd target/tools; make -f makefile.suite clean; make -f makefile.suite
CC=gcc DATABASE=ORACLE MACHINE=LINUX WORKLOAD=TPCH
/bin/sh: 1: cd: can't cd to target/tools
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/hive-testbench/tpch-gen'
make[1]: makefile.suite: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `makefile.suite'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/hive-testbench/tpch-gen'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/hive-testbench/tpch-gen'
make[1]: makefile.suite: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `makefile.suite'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/hive-testbench/tpch-gen'
make: *** [target/tools/dbgen] Error 2
TPC-H Data Generator built, you can now use tpch-setup.sh to generate data.

 I tried downloading the files at different sources, but I am experiencing
same issue.
Kindly suggest me what might be going wrong and how can I successfully
built it.

Regards,
Yaduveer Singh
2014H112188P