hive-user mailing list archives

From Jose Rozanec <jose.roza...@mercadolibre.com>
Subject Hive parquet on EMR
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 19:09:21 GMT
Hello,

We have a Hive (v 1.0.0) cluster at EMR and data stored in parquet files.
When querying data, it fails to return result, causing a NPE. We think the
error may be related with Hive deserialization, since can query data
without problems when using other technologies (ex.: Presto).

Here we provide the stacktrace of the exception we get
<http://pastebin.com/6SfNCrzj>. We checked Hive Parquet support
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Parquet> and release notes
<https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>, and seems
map and struct types are supported for this version (1.0.0) Our Parquet
schema involves the following types: string, boolean, map, struct.

Did anyone had a similar experience? Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you in advance,