hive-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bylaws change to allow some commits without review
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 00:20:09 GMT
+1

Thanks
Prasanth

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM -0700, "Navis Ryu" <navis94@gmail.com<mailto:navis94@gmail.com>>
wrote:

not sure I'm active PMC member but +1, anyway.

2016? 4? 14? ???, Lars Francke<lars.francke@gmail.com<mailto:lars.francke@gmail.com>>??
??? ???:
Hi everyone,

we had a discussion on the dev@ list about allowing some forms of contributions to be committed
without a review.

The exact sentence I propose to add is: "Minor issues (e.g. typos, code style issues, JavaDoc
changes. At committer's discretion) can be committed after soliciting feedback/review on the
mailing list and not receiving feedback within 2 days."

The proposed bylaws can also be seen here <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Project+Bylaws+-+April+2016>

This vote requires a 2/3 majority of all Active PMC members so I'd love to get as many votes
as possible. The vote will run for at least six days.

Thanks,
Lars