hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bylaws change to allow some commits without review
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:35:49 GMT

From: Lefty Leverenz <>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Bylaws change to allow some commits without review

Navis, you've just reactivated your PMC membership.  ;-)

A PMC member is considered emeritus by their own declaration or by not contributing in any
form to the project for over six months.

Actually your old patch for HIVE-9499<>
was committed in March and you added a comment to HIVE-11752<>
in February, so you have been active recently.  And now you can let it slide until October....

-- Lefty

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Sushanth Sowmyan <<>>

On Apr 13, 2016 17:20, "Prasanth Jayachandran" <<>>

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM -0700, "Navis Ryu" <<>>

not sure I'm active PMC member but +1, anyway.

2016? 4? 14? ???, Lars Francke<<>>??
??? ???:
Hi everyone,

we had a discussion on the dev@ list about allowing some forms of contributions to be committed
without a review.

The exact sentence I propose to add is: "Minor issues (e.g. typos, code style issues, JavaDoc
changes. At committer's discretion) can be committed after soliciting feedback/review on the
mailing list and not receiving feedback within 2 days."

The proposed bylaws can also be seen here <>

This vote requires a 2/3 majority of all Active PMC members so I'd love to get as many votes
as possible. The vote will run for at least six days.

View raw message