hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tez job submissions failing when cluster is under provisioned..
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:43:52 GMT

> This seems to be something YARN fair-scheduler reporting it this way..
>although Tez doesn't seem to handle.

Pepperdata?

> I did come across HIVE-12957, in which the fix patch seems to only
>report the error better instead of doing anything about it.
> Now comes my question, is this in an expected failure case ? Is there a
>bug I should know about in YARN scheduling or am I misunderstanding the
>issue?

YARN is reporting -ve head-room, this means your cluster is running with
negative-capacity for some strange reason.

That is a bug somewhere in the FairScheduler's internal state.

The issue was never reproduced after we switched over to the
CapacityScheduler, so it's in limbo.

Cheers,
Gopal