hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: queues, beeline/hs2 and tez
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 20:13:06 GMT

> tez.queue.name via the --hiveconf switch on beeline and it doesn't look
>to me it works.  the question is... should it?

Nope, it shouldn't, because of Tez sessions the conf param is not job.

The tez.queue.name can be changed while a JDBC connection is up, so it is
not picked up from the conf & instead is acted upon when a user sends a
set command (i.e kill old session, start new session in the new queue).

>    -u "jdbc:hive2://dwrdevnn1.sv2.trulia.com:10001/default

This is what I do, might need adapting to the noSASL.

beeline   -u "jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default?tez.queue.name=adhoc"
-n gopalv --color=true   --outputformat=tsv2

Cheers,
Gopal