hive-user mailing list archives

From Gautam <gautamkows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive Metastore Bottleneck
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:53:32 GMT
Can you elaborate on where you see the bottleneck?   A general overview of
your access path would be useful. For instance if you'r accessing Hive
metastore via HiveServer2 or from webhcat using embedded cli or something
else.

Have you tried putting multiple metastores behind a load balancer? It's
just a thrift service over mysql so can have multiple instances pointing to
same backend db.

--
"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now,
quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."