hive-user mailing list archives

From Rex X <dnsr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to work around non-executive /tmp with Hive in Parquet+Snappy compression?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 04:21:29 GMT
Sorry to bump this thread again.

Got following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/snappy-1.0.4.1-libsnappyjava.so: /tmp/
snappy-1.0.4.1-libsnappyjava.so: failed to map segment from shared object:
Operation not permited

Based on the following post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-user/201312.mbox/%3C52C1DEC4.2080904@cj.com%3E

I need to set following option for Hive:

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS
-Dorg.xerial.snappy.tempdir=/path/that/allows/executables"

Any tips how?

Regards,
Rex