hive-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive on Spark engine
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 21:47:20 GMT
Hi,

I am running Hive 2 and now Spark 1.6.1 but I still do not see any sign
that Hive can utilise a Spark engine higher than 1.3.1

My understanding was that there were miss-match on Hadoop assembly Jar
files that cause Hive not being able to run on Spark using the binary
downloads. I just tried Hive 2 on Spark 1.6 as the execution engine and it
crashed.

I do not know the development state of this cross-breed but will be very
desirable if we could manage to sort out
this spark-assembly-1.x.1-hadoop2.4.0.jar for once.

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com