hive-user mailing list archives

From mahender bigdata <Mahender.BigD...@outlook.com>
Subject Confused with Unicode character for "Record Separator". Is hive delimiter is Octal Representation.
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 22:39:36 GMT
Hi,

We had plan of using Record Separator has delimiter for our Hive table.
When we searched for Unicode character list, We found "Record Seperator"
uses code "\*U001E*" has Unicode character. When we used "\U001E" in our
Hive table script has delimiter. Has Query completed, we went to HDFS
and try to open underlying internal table file location, we found data ,
here *CAN *is acting has delimiter instead of *"RS", *As per unicode
character list CAN Unicode value is *\u0018.

* When we enter *\036 *has delimiter, it is showing correctly *RS *has
delimiter has expected. Looks like Hive is taking octal representation
rather than Hexadecimal representation. Can any one confirm me whether
my understanding is correct. Is there way to mention Unicode character
has delimiter.